Becoming Cyber Essentials Certified is now a whole lot easier.
The Cyber Essentials accreditation is a government-backed scheme designed to help organisations guard against the most common cyber threats. Being Cyber Essentials certified gives a business a competitive edge and reassures their customers that they take cybersecurity seriously.
As CyberScore is now an official Cyber Essentials Certification body, we can assist you to become accredited.
It’s the simple things
As with many things in life common sense is our biggest ally when it comes to cybersecurity. When you're online, simply think about what you would do in the ‘real’ world. When you leave the house, do you leave the front door wide open? Hopefully, the answer is no, so why would you leave your computer unlocked for anyone to use when you pop out to lunch?
Some of the basics include;
- Always lock your devices
- Password protect sensitive data.
- Don’t go clicking on dodgy looking websites and links. As with most things in life, if it looks too good to be true then chances are it is.
- Create secure passwords by increasing its length. You can choose to select random words which are memorable to you but together may not necessarily make sense or be used in common language. You can also use password management tools that securely store passwords to keep them safe and help you to come up with secure ones.
- Don’t use the same password for multiple websites.
- Keep your machine updated with the latest patches and anti-virus software.
How does Cyber Essentials work?
With CyberScore you can automatically assess your cybersecurity and discover how you stack up against the Cyber Essentials scheme.
By being Cyber Essentials certified your business will;
- Become more competitive and attract more business as you will demonstrate that you have cybersecurity measures in place.
- Assure customers that you are working to ensure that their data is safe in your hands.
- Get a clear overview of your businesses cybersecurity posture.
- Bid on government contracts that list Cyber Essentials certification as a requirement.
CyberScore automatically assesses your performance against the 5 Cyber Essentials controls allowing you to see whether your business is likely to pass or fail.
The 5 controls are;
- secure configuration
- user access control
- malware protection
- patch management
Discover how CyberScore can make Cyber Essentials accreditation quick and easy!